Hi! I’m Sybil, also known as Sad Shibow. Ah man, some of this content did not age well. It’s 2020 and I am maybe just slightly less corny? Who the hell knows. Either way, it’s time for a glow-up, friends.
I am a:
- Baker, through good and bad times (and sad times….and rad times)
- Drummer who badly needs lessons in order to still call herself this
- Lover of all things Swell Season (I will never not mention that)
- Permanent nerd
- Ordained Minister, who will totally marry you, you crazy kids
- Blogger who loves you except in my weakest moments, and except if you are John Stamos
- …And so forth
Also, just because I bake when I’m sad doesn’t make this Like Water For Chocolate: The Blog. Does everyone remember that book? This is the exact opposite of that book. If you’re not familiar with that book, don’t look it up. Oh, and don’t look up the book or movie Sybil. Thanks!
Questions, comments, suggestions and recipes are always welcome unless they’re mean or you and I are in a fight. Happy sad baking!
One reply on “About”
Not even kidding, I LOVE your blog. The storied intros remind me of our days working together on 56th Street, talking nerdy smack about everything!